Tuesday 16 March 2010

Day 6

Day 6 of the new me is going well, in that I am staying strong... however I have not been sleeping well the last few days. A lot going on in my head and my baby wakes me at 2am and I stay awake till 5am, before dropping off to sleep before my alarm at seven.... so about 5 hours sleep a night lately, which is not making me happy. Plus I know lack of sleep is a factor in weight gain (and perhaps against weight loss!)

Its hard when I want food to comfort me, I could easily devour a block of sea salt chocolate or a packet of white choc and macadamia cookies dipped in tea....

However last night when I was feeling miserable, I ate a banana and focused on this point from yesterday: Talk down your urges Learn responses to involuntary thoughts: eating that will only satisfy me temporarily; eating this will make me feel trapped; I'll be happier and weigh less if I don't eat this.

No comments: